cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adboll
Level 3

Installshield 2013 opens for 2014 .ism projects, etc.

I am familiar with how Windows file associations can be set/are set, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to find a good way to get projects built in Installshield 2014 to open in Installshield 2014 when you double click them. I have to run Installshield 2014 and open the projects from there. 2013 seems to be the default. I keep 2012, 2013, and 2014 on my machine for backwards compatibility reasons. I have multiple attempts at the registry and file associations. Anyone have an idea?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

The last version installed will be the default. If you run a repair of 2014, it should recreate the link
0 Kudos
TurboFisch
Level 7

actually, it'll be which ever you install last. I installed 2013 and then 2012. 2012 became the default.

They should use a version select, because one may not want to update some projects.
0 Kudos
BobHickey
Level 4

I created icons on the desktop for each version, then drag and drop the ISM file on top of the one I want. There really should be an option on open.
0 Kudos
adboll
Level 3

Repair worked for this. I just hope the repair did not regress the Flexera plugins I had installed for 2014. Thanks all! Flexera should allow you to set this somehow via Windows native file association functionality or a proprietary solution. Running a repair on whatever version you want to default open an .ism project is not really a desired solution.
0 Kudos