cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megha_3781
Level 5

Installscript Project - Target machine setting recognizing Windows 8.1 as Windows 8 p

Installscript Target machine not recognizing Windows 8.1

Recently upgraded my Installshield 2012 Spring project to Installshield 2013 Premium to support Windows 8.1.
Mine is an Installscript project.

We have operating system specific components which needs be installed based on Operating system.
I added a new component for Windows 8.1 and chose Target Machine -> Operating System as Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2.
I have another component for Windows 8.
But when installed , Windows 8 component is getting installed on Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 8.1 component.
I checked thouroughly and didn't find any issue in my script.

Any idea what is this issue?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The Setup.exe manifest files need to be modified to account for Windows 8.1. To resolve this, download the fix in the following KB article:
http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/ISSUE/Windows-Compatibility-Issues-on-Windows-8-1-and-Server-2012-R2-for-Suite-and-InstallScript-Projects

That should resolve the problem you're seeing.
0 Kudos
megha_3781
Level 5

Thanks a lot DebbieL . I will try the solution mentioned in the article.
0 Kudos
megha_3781
Level 5

I tried the fix. Now it is notrecongnizing Windows 8.1 as 8.

But if I have a component for Windows 8.1 that is not getting installed.

The folder is blank. the Windows 8.1 specific files are not getting installed. Before Windows 8 files were getting installed.

Now nothing.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Thank you for reporting that. Our Engineering team is looking into the issue that you described. We'll post an update in this thread when more information is available.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The issue you are seeing is related to the InstallScript build process. One of the parts of the build was not updated correctly to allow for components set to just OS platform Windows 8.1/2012 R2. As a result these components will be removed from the final built setup. You can see this by looking at the components in the setup with the InstallScript Cabinet viewer.

The following steps should resolve this behavior:
1. Extract PrjMgr.dll from the attached zip file.
2. Make a backup copy of \Program Files\InstallShield\2013\System\PrjMgr.dll.
3. Copy the extracted PrjMgr.dll to \Program Files\InstallShield\2013\System.
4. Rebuild and test your project.

After updating PrjMgr.dll any components in your project that are set to only install on Windows 8.1/2012 R2 should appear in the component list in the InstallScript Cabinet viewer.
0 Kudos
megha_3781
Level 5

Thanks . This resolution worked fine. Now 8.1 specific component is getting installed on Windows 8.1.
Thanks for quick response and helping me out.
0 Kudos
SimonG
Level 5

Is there a fix for InstallShield 2012, InstallScript projects, because I have the same problem with SYSINFO in InstallShield 2012?
0 Kudos
SimonG
Level 5

The manifests themselves, attached to the bug report, work fine for IS2012 as far as I can tell so that the setup.exe correctly targets 8.1 and 2012 R2 by means of the embedded manifests. So I get 6.3 instead of 6.2 in the SYSINFO version fields now when I've rebuilt the setups with the InstallShield environment "patched" (I just put the manifests in the InstallShield 2012\Support folder and ignored the other part).
0 Kudos