cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabhbagchi
Level 2

Installation of .NET FW 4.8 through InstallScript MSI project is failing using InstallShield

I am using Trial version InstallShield 2021 for evaluation purpose. Want to install .NET FW 4.8 as prerequisite. Trying the installation in Windows 10 version 1709 which don't has .NET 4.8 but has .NET 4.7. I have checked the prerequisite in the Redistributable section in the project. During installation it is starting the installation of .NET 4.8, completes the process and reboot the system but the installation of .NET 4.8 is not reflected in the registry. (showing .NET 4.7). So when I am again checking the registry and tried installation of .NET 4.8 by executing ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe using LaunchAppAndWait function from Install script, the installation started but expecting the InstallShield installer to get stopped. Selecting Yes is NOT stopping the InstallShield installer and the installation does not proceed. It is showing another installation in progress. 

I have also tried using the InstallShield 2009 and followed the Install script technique as described above but same result at the end.

How can I install .NET Framework using the InstallShield installer.

Appreciate a solution for this issue for both version of InstallShield 2009 and 2021.

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
saurabhbagchi
Level 2

In addition to the above issue while tried installation with only checking the redistributable in the project the installation of .NET FW 4.8 appears to have failed message is coming and asking whether to continue. Attached is the image.

0 Kudos