cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir12
Level 4

InstallSield 14 Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)

Good day. Have a problem. I updated my InstallShield InstallScript MSI Project. And now i have 

ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) error. Other projects works as ususall. I have InstallSield 14 and 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @Vladimir12,

In order to provide better suggestions/solutions, need more clarification on the below points:

1- "I updated my InstallShield InstallScript MSI Project" - What is meant by the update here, is there any update on InstallShield 2014 ?

2- When you are getting the access violation, is it during the project build or while opening the project. Is there any update happened to the system where you have installed InstallShield 2014, like any visual studio runtime, etc ?

3- Did you checked this behavior with the latest version of InstallShield ?  

0 Kudos

Thanks for your respons

1 - updated only project it self. add a couple of new features.

2 - i get violation on building .cab files.

3 - no, we have only that version. i v updated it to SP 1, but that doesent helps.

0 Kudos

Hi @APonomarev9 ,

Can you tell me what operating system you have installed InstallShield 2014, as well can you check is there any operating system updates recently  if it was building earlier.

One more community user also reported earlier, but it was for InstallShield 2013 and got resolved by removing the particular system update:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/InstallShield-crashes-while-building-cab-Files/m-p/94546

My suggestion would be:

1- Check is there any system update which caused this breakage, and act on this update.

2- Repair InstallShield 2014 and see the problem got resolved or not.

3- Check with the latest version of InstallShield.

0 Kudos

1 - We use Windows 10. Last update was on 07.02.2020.

2 - Сan You describe the repair process in more detail.

3 - Unfortunately so far only version 14 has been purchased from us.

I tried creating a new project. At first everything was fine, but after adding another feature, the assembly began to fall again.

I managed to find out that the error starts to appear after I protect my application with the HASP Sentinel protection tool. And before there were no such problems, although I have been using everything for a long time. Maybe you have any ideas what could be the reason for this behavior?

0 Kudos

Hi @Vladimir12,

@Vladimir12 wrote:

1 - We use Windows 10. Last update was on 07.02.2020.

2 - Сan You describe the repair process in more detail.

3 - Unfortunately so far only version 14 has been purchased from us.

I tried creating a new project. At first everything was fine, but after adding another feature, the assembly began to fall again.

I managed to find out that the error starts to appear after I protect my application with the HASP Sentinel protection tool. And before there were no such problems, although I have been using everything for a long time. Maybe you have any ideas what could be the reason for this behavior?

Repair can be done from the Add/Remove programs in the control panel (also called "Programs and Features") by right click on the InstallShield entry in the list.
As well, you can check out is it possible to exempt InstallShield application/folder from HASP Sentinel protection tool if you are thinking this issue is due to HASP Sentinel protection tool.

0 Kudos

Just for clarification: Are you using InstallShield 2014 (version 21.0) or InstallShield version 14.0 aka InstallShield 2008?

Does the error go away when you remove any of the newly added files that use self registration? In this case it might be crashing while trying to register (and capture registration information) of that file. Maybe there are dependencies missing on your build machine that would be needed for COM registration of the file. Turn off "extract at build" for that file and add the COM information statically.

Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos