cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff1
Level 3

InstallShield fails to install

Followed the directions. Downloaded ISLE and ran. When I click on enable ISLE it just takes me back to the website to download the file all over again. Windows 8.1 VS 2013
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in response. InstallShield Limited Edition version 2013 can create setups to target Windows 8.1 Operating system, however I need to test the integration of ISLE with Visual Studio on Windows 8.1.

I will test and get in touch with you soon. Have you come across the similar issue on any other operating systems?

Thanks and Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
jeff1
Level 3

Yes it is doing the same thing on my Win 7 workstation
FYI all of my systems I am installing on are 64 bit.
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

You may try below:

1>Remove the installshield limited edition for visual studio from add or remove programs.
2>Clean the machine with any registry cleaning utility.
3>Restart the machine
4>Open Visual Studio IDE in which you are trying to integrate Installshield limited edition.
5>Follow the instuctions to register and download after clikcing on installsheild limited edition template type under setup and deployment projects template section.
6>Install Installshield Limited edition.
7>Close the Visual Studio IDE
8>Restart the Visual Studio and check if the installshield Limited edition template appears

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
jeff1
Level 3

This does not work. Followed all of your steps to the letter including filling out the registration form AGAIN, after I restart VS instead of being able to activate the program it just takes me back to the download site.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Jeff,

The problem seems to have resolved and is working fine with Windows 8.1 machine.

Kindly follow the below thread for more updates on the same issue:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?214194-Download-and-activation-issues

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos