cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff1
Pilgrim

InstallShield fails to install

Followed the directions. Downloaded ISLE and ran. When I click on enable ISLE it just takes me back to the website to download the file all over again. Windows 8.1 VS 2013
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
SwethaRao
Pilgrim

Will test and get back

Hello Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in response. InstallShield Limited Edition version 2013 can create setups to target Windows 8.1 Operating system, however I need to test the integration of ISLE with Visual Studio on Windows 8.1.

I will test and get in touch with you soon. Have you come across the similar issue on any other operating systems?

Thanks and Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
jeff1
Pilgrim

Re: InstallShield fails to install

Yes it is doing the same thing on my Win 7 workstation
FYI all of my systems I am installing on are 64 bit.
0 Kudos
Flexera chiranjeevi
Flexera

Hello,

You may try below:

1>Remove the installshield limited edition for visual studio from add or remove programs.
2>Clean the machine with any registry cleaning utility.
3>Restart the machine
4>Open Visual Studio IDE in which you are trying to integrate Installshield limited edition.
5>Follow the instuctions to register and download after clikcing on installsheild limited edition template type under setup and deployment projects template section.
6>Install Installshield Limited edition.
7>Close the Visual Studio IDE
8>Restart the Visual Studio and check if the installshield Limited edition template appears

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
jeff1
Pilgrim

This does not work. Followed all of your steps to the letter including filling out the registration form AGAIN, after I restart VS instead of being able to activate the program it just takes me back to the download site.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Pilgrim

Hi Jeff,

The problem seems to have resolved and is working fine with Windows 8.1 machine.

Kindly follow the below thread for more updates on the same issue:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?214194-Download-and-activation-issues

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos