Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redcargo
Level 2

InstallShield 2019 Build error 1001

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same Windows Installer project (Basic MSI) built with InstallShield 2019 R3 on the same virtual machine (Windows Server 2016) without issues. Recently, when I tried to build the release, received error -1001: Error opening MSI database. The verbose logging show that the msi file is read-only.

Please share if you have an idea to resolve the error. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I have seen Anti-Virus also cause this error - its possible that there are files specific to this installer which are causing an issue with your AV during the build process.
If possible try pausing your Anti-Virus to test the build and see if this alters the behavior.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator

Take a look at the following knowledge base article which explains possible reasons and resolutions for this build error:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Build-Error-1001/ta-p/3628

0 Kudos

Thanks shunt. Had executed the SFC/SCANNOW Checker on the server. 
More information. There are other Windows Installer projects on the same server. Other projects have been successfully built without error.

Is there a possibility that some of the features used will trigger the error?

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator

I have seen Anti-Virus also cause this error - its possible that there are files specific to this installer which are causing an issue with your AV during the build process.
If possible try pausing your Anti-Virus to test the build and see if this alters the behavior.