cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmarano33
Level 3

InstallShield 2013 LE - error MSB4062

We have recently updated our Visual Studio 2013 setup projects to use InstallShield LE 2013.
While building within the Visual Studio IDE everything builds fine, but when building on our build server or locally using msbuild we receive the following build error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2013Limited\InstallShield.targets(21,3): error MSB4062: The "Microsoft.Build.Tasks.AssignProjectConfiguration" task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

I saw on your website where this error was fixed in certain versions of InstallShield, but doesn’t look like it applies to LE version.

Can someone offer some direction please?

Thanks
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Go to Programs and Features and make sure the .NET 3.5 windows feature is installed. Also make sure that you are using the 32bit MSBUILD engine.
0 Kudos
rmarano33
Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using .NET 3.5, but are upgrading to .NET 4.5.2. and are on a 64 bit server. So I no longer see 3.5 in Programs and Feature but see 4.5.2
Will I be able to use InstallShield LE with this setup?
0 Kudos