cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bill_pate
Level 3

InstallShield 2012 Spring doesn't show mapped network drives in Windows 10

Hi,

My InstallShield 2012 Spring (Professional) project was kept on mapped network drive W:\IS2012Projects when my PC ran Windows 7. Then I upgraded to Windows 10. I had to disconnect my mapped network drives and reconnect them again. All of the applications on my PC show the mapped network drives in the Open File dialog boxes except for InstallShield 2012 Spring. I downloaded and installed the trial InstallShield 2015 Professional but it does not see the network drives either. Is there a fix for this problem? InstallShield is the only program I have that has this problem. I have not been able to update 2012 Spring because when I try to update it says there is an error.

Thanks very much,

Regards,
Bill
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
bill_pate
Level 3

I inadvertently discovered that when programs are started with Run As Administrator in Windows 10, mapped drives don't show up in Open File dialogs. In Windows 7 they do show up. Assuming it is not a bug, it might have something do with security. Even though I don't use Run As Administrator to start InstallShield, it acts like is by not showing the mapped drives.
0 Kudos
bill_pate
Level 3

Winability Software has a post "How to make elevated programs recognize network drives" at http://www.winability.com/how-to-make-elevated-programs-recognize-network-drives/

I added the registry DWORD they suggested and now InstallShield 2012 Express and 2012 Spring Profession both show my mapped drives in the Open File dialog box. Be sure to reboot your PC after you add that DWORD to your registry.

0 Kudos
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

Awesome. Thanks!
0 Kudos