cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirk_thompson
Level 2

InstallShield 2012 LE VS2012

I've followed the instructions to download and install InstallShield 2012 LE with VS2012, and when attempting to create an install project in VS2012, I never get a chance to enter the S/N. It keeps coming back to the Enable InstallShield LE for Visual Studio.

Help, please!
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Brian_Christman
Level 3

Oh don't worry, This is clearly still Beta as I've got VS2012 installed with 2012LE Beta and it won't build correctly. I get an -6109 Internal error so now I can't build my installer, period. It was working with VS2010 & 2010LE. But I'm dead in the water now. So even if you could enter the code, it won't build for you.
0 Kudos
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

Have checked to make sure you have no spaces before the serial number or after. I had one after and when I did the back space key it finally took the number and let me use it.
0 Kudos
keith1234
Level 2

I'm having the same problem that Kirk is having.

I requested a ISLE download using the link autogenerated in Visual Studio. I registered, and got an email with download links for Visual Studio 2010, and Visual Studio 11 Beta.

Installing the ISLE for Visual Studio 11 Beta does not appear to work with the release version of Visual Studio 2012 as I simply get the you need to install ISLE message in Visual Studio 2012.

Is there a version out there for Visual Studio 2012 (non-beta)?
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

After installing InstallShield Limited edition could you try closing the Visual studio IDE and then check if the same issue persists. Also try rebooting the machine and check if this results in a different behavior.
0 Kudos
dsmarkchen
Level 2

kirk.thompson wrote:
I've followed the instructions to download and install InstallShield 2012 LE with VS2012, and when attempting to create an install project in VS2012, I never get a chance to enter the S/N. It keeps coming back to the Enable InstallShield LE for Visual Studio.

Help, please!

Have you exit your visual studio and restart it?
0 Kudos
arthur_vanbaste
Level 2

Same problems, downloaded and installed 2012LE and after installation try to register it with the key I have received, it keep on prompting can't active online. So I try the offline activation. But even that didn't work, after uploading the activation file that I have received, it looks it was working because it prompted a message Activation succeed, but after a restart of VS2012, it prompted for the activation key again o.O, I tried the key again, no luck at all.

I'm now going to try the 2011LE version with VS2010, hopefully better luck then...
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Kindly refer the below thread regarding the new version of InstallShield Limited edition and check if you are able to activate the product.

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=202622
0 Kudos