cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esiemiat
Level 9

InstallShield 2010 ISO File

I know that the InstallShield 2010 components can be downloaded seperatly, but is there a way to download the entire DVD in an ISO file? I would actually prefer this method, and if it were an option I would not request a DVD shipment when processing a maintenance upgrade. Thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(13) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Actually I had thought of offering this. I will look into it. We already build an ISO.
0 Kudos
TimStVCS
Level 7

I agree, this would be an attractive option and I too would not request that a CD be shipped.

Tim
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

I completely agree. Having a DVD ISO of everything would make life easier.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

We have been absolutely begging for this for years.

I work in a very secure environment with airgaps around all of our networks. It is impossible for us to use the update manager or do online activations or even email activations for that matter. We have to sneaker net everything ( through CM and Security ) and it would be a really, really, really nice thing is we had an MSDN style subscription where stuff just gets delivered to us.

It's also be nice if we could have a simplified activation process without being quoted $50,000 for a handful of floating licenses.

These two aspects have really soured our relationship with InstallShield and is one of the two primary reasons for us now looking at WiX very seriously.
0 Kudos
Roman1
Level 9

I do agree with you.

We can also not use download manager.
So, I can not get any updates direct from internet.

I am obliged to send download links to our IT.
They are checking it and download.

Some days after I become all the files I have asked for.

So, please put iso with all files to download.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I am working on this. If we do make them available, they will include all content available on the DVDs.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Ideally this will have all the various hotfixes, service packs, add-on's, prereq/objects/merge modules and what not also.

Right now we've been told by sales that if we want to use the update manager we would have to use up one of our licensed copies and install it on the internet side of the house do the downloads. If not an iso, just a standalone update manager or something to help me keep track of all this stuff so I can move it inside the enclave in well swoop.

It's just a nightmare for us to manage.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We changed the way we use the Update Manager in IS2010. In IS2010, you will see 2 messages (if you have premier, 1 if you have pro) in the Update Manager.

The messages will direct you to a website that will allow you to download the bits you need.

So you do not need the product installed to get the downloads, just to get the URL to the website where the downloads are located.

To see what I mean, the pro downloads are at...

http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_5842.htm

I cannot publish the URL for the premier bits because they are not publically available. But it is the same concept.
0 Kudos
TimStVCS
Level 7

Thanks for the information Mike. I don't think you are ever going to please everyone and it is nice to see these forums are staffed by Acresso and not just looked at very infrequently as is the case with other companies forums of this nature. Needless to say I think having the capability to download a single .iso file with all updates, etc. would be beneficial by many Acresso users. Perhaps for future releases, you could consider this functionality?

It would even save Acresso some money as I have heard others in this forum, as well as myself, state that they would not expect/want a physical DVD shipped if this capability were available.

Just a thought!

Tim
🙂
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I am working on making the ISOs available. I just wanted to give people information on what is available today.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Thanks Mike! I'll wait for the ISOs ( for Pro and Pre - we are licensed for both ) that way I only have one item to push through the CM tracking system.
0 Kudos
Roman1
Level 9

Hello Mike,
Thanks. I will wait for the Premium ISO.
How would you inform me about ISO - Premium link?
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Any updates? Ironicaly, the DVD will not ship for a few more weeks and an ISO would be very helpful.
0 Kudos