cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urvish
Level 3

InstallShiel 2012 LE not show 0 byte file size in TFS 2010

Hi,

I have installed Installshield 2012 LE in my PC.
I want to Integrate my setup Project with TFS 2010 and I added files successfully in my Machine after than Checked in project in TFS.
When another user get Latest the Project from TFS, he/she show the files but the file size are 0 bytes, which are added by me.

Please see the attached file.

Thanks,
Urvish
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you let us know if the file size is displayed as expected on your machine. Also could you kindly confirm if InstallShield Limited Edition installation is registered on another user’s machine where file size is displayed as 0 bytes.
0 Kudos
Urvish
Level 3

Hi,

Ya File size is as expected on my machine, and Installshield Limited Edition is also register on another user machine.
but still the file size is 0 bytes as shown in attached screen shot.
can u please help me out asap.

Thanks,
Urvish
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

When InstallShield Limited Edition project is checked out, do you also check out the files that are added to the project? If the files are statically linked then those files need to exist on the machine in the path specified. (“D:\Projects\WinApps…”)

Could you let us know if the files actually exist in the path specified “D:\Projects\WinApps…”
0 Kudos
Urvish
Level 3

Hi,

ya, Files are exists on the machine on specified path.

Should these files also nedds to be checked out in my TFS? or only Setup project only needs to be checked out?

For simplicity, Can you please explain me step by step how to integrate set up project with TFS 2010 using Installshield Limited Edition.

Thanks,
Urvish
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Can you tell us the method you have used to include the files in your project? If you are statically linking those files, then you may need to check out the files along with the project as it needs to be present in the mentioned location.

If you include them as primary output under Files, then they should be automatically available.

Can you kindly try and let us know?

Thanks ~ Swetha
0 Kudos
Urvish
Level 3

Hi,

I have exports files from my old VDPROJCT using Installshield export tool and I aslo add files using "Add files" in Application files step using Project Assistant.

and I have chcked out all the files which i want to add, and after adding this files the set up project worked in my machine, and i have checked in all the checkout stuff with Setup project.

but when another user get latest that project from TFS 2010,he/she gets files with 0 bytes.

thanks,
Urvish
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello Urvish,

Sorry for the delay in response. When files added to the IS project display as 0 bytes, that means the files are not found in the location specified as InstallShield uses the absolute path specified in the “Link To” column. When using TFS Source Control, the Workspace for the users need to be identical if the statically linked files are outputs from other Visual Studio projects.

E.g If UserA has the solution file locally mapped to “C:\MyWorkSpace\MyTest.sln” and adds MyTest.dll file statically to InstallShield from “C:\MyWorkSpace\MyTest\MyTest\Bin\Release” folder, UserB would need to check out the solution to C:\MyWorkSpace. InstallShield would then find the file in the “C:\MyWorkSpace\MyTest\MyTest\Bin\Release” folder when the solution is built. The file size would show as 0 bytes if the solution has not been built since the file doesn’t exist yet.

The other alternative to adding files is to use “Add Project outputs” from Visual Studio solution instead of using absolute paths.

The following video has an example on adding a Visual Studio Project Output in InstallShield.

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/webdocuments/productdemos/IS2010_VSLE_Demo/IS2010_VSLE_Demo-lite.html

Let us know if this helped.

Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos