cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ced_oce
Level 3

InstallScript: setting a merge module property at runtime

Hello,

We are using an installscript project for installing our application.

I added a merge module in the project, but this merge module needs to be configured via a property.

When I added this merge module in the corresponding feature, an object "New Merge Module Holder Object 1" has been created, so I do not have a direct access in the script to the merge module (I tried with the GetObject in the script but I do not have access to the merge module contained in it...)

My Colleagues are using custom actions in their msi projects to configure this merge module, but in my installscript project I cannot add any custom action...

Is there a way to set this property at run time in an installscript project? What can I do for accessing this property at run time?

Thanks,
Cédric.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
ced_oce
Level 3

Can anyone help me plz?
0 Kudos
ced_oce
Level 3

Nobody can answer the question? The problem is still opened...

Thanks,
Cédric.
0 Kudos

Have tried by yourself? Got any fix on the issue? I also need to change property at run time. Regards, Vasanth
0 Kudos

Hi @vasanthakumarmk ,

I would suggest you to use TextSubSetValue function.You might need to do the following to get it working:

• Create a property entry in Property table via Direct Editor->Property->New Property(Say ComboBoxProperty)->Value->False
  • Associate this property with control you want to use
  • In Script(Setup.rul) under whichever event you want to call say after "OnFirstUIAfter" try to set property value with string value since TextSubSetValue will work with string entries 

E.g 

string strPropertyValue,svValue;

strPropertyValue="false";

TextSubSetValue("<ComboBoxProperty>",strPropertyValue, TRUE )

If you want to validate whether it is been set properly or not,you can validate with TextSubGetValue function

E.gTextSubGetValue(("<ComboBoxProperty>",svValue,TRUE,FALSE) with messagebox.

I dont think so any other way might help you setting this other than this function.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos