cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btcorkum
Level 3

InstallScript Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working

Updated from Installshield 2015 to 2016. Now some of our customers are getting the error "InstallScript Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working" when running our install package. See attached image. We use Installscript.

Is there a fix? Otherwise I'm going back to 2015.

Brent
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Brent,

If you are seeing this issue on Windows Vista, 2008, 7, or 2008 R2, this is likely related to this issue.

Please try the following:
[LIST=1]
  • Download the attached zip file
  • Make a backup copy of \Program Files\InstallShield\2016\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\setup.exe
  • Extract the downloaded zip file to \Program Files\InstallShield\2016\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP; this should extract a new setup.exe
  • Open InstallShield and rebuild your InstallScript project and test on the machines where this failure is occurring

Please let me know if you have any issues.
  • 0 Kudos
    btcorkum
    Level 3

Do you have a copy for 2015, we're starting to see this error in 2015 as well
    0 Kudos
    btcorkum
    Level 3

The customer can now install from 2016 thanks to the below patch (I hope). Do you have a setup.exe patch for 2015 or can I use the same one in the below zip?
    0 Kudos
    joshstechnij
    Level 10 Flexeran
    Level 10 Flexeran

At this time we would recommend using IS 2015 SP1 without hotfix IOJ-1745445 installed. This would provide functional parity with the updated setup launchers posted earlier in this thread for IS 2016.
    0 Kudos
    spaceout
    Level 2

joshstechnij wrote:
    Brent,

If you are seeing this issue on Windows Vista, 2008, 7, or 2008 R2, this is likely related to this issue.

Please try the following:
    [LIST=1]
  • Download the attached zip file
  • Make a backup copy of \Program Files\InstallShield\2016\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\setup.exe
  • Extract the downloaded zip file to \Program Files\InstallShield\2016\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP; this should extract a new setup.exe
  • Open InstallShield and rebuild your InstallScript project and test on the machines where this failure is occurring

Please let me know if you have any issues.

• Is this fix going to be rolled out to InstallShield 2015 Professional as well?
    0 Kudos
    chad_petersen
    Level 9

If I log into the Product and License Center and go to "Release Archive" and 2015 I see two entries there like these

InstallShield 2015 SP1 Professional (Full Download) - 219.3 MB - InstallShield2015SP1ProfessionalComp.exe

InstallShield 2015 SP1 Professional (Web Download) - 5 MB - InstallShield2015SP1Professional.exe

One would hope that if the fix is in SP1 Premier that it would be in SP1 Professional, too.

Might be worth a shot.

Chad
    0 Kudos