cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

InstallScript .NET Framework 3.5

I have an InstallScript project that needs to install .NETFramework 3.5.I've included the Object but it is not getting installed. I've looked at the posts referencing .NET Framework 3.5 and haven't found a solution. I'm trying to install it on a Windows Server 2003 SP 1 machine. It will successfully install .NETFramework 2.0 but I have upgraded my install to JUST install 3.5 and it does not work. I'm going to try the sample code for CheckObjectStatus to see if I can get an error message but wonder if anyone knows why I can't install .NET 3.5?? i saw a post that said an InstallScript Project could not install SP 1 for .NETFramework 3.5. I'm not ready for SP1 but will be soon. :confused:

NOTE: I just tried this install on a Windows XP machine and it worked just fine - installed .NET Framework 3.5 as expected. Any ideas why it's not working on Windows Server 2003 SP1? The notes on the object list windows Server 2003 SP1 as a supported platform.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Hi implemented CheckObjectStatus and got the following info attempting to install .NETFramework 3.5 on Windows Server 2003 (SP1) OS:

nNumber: -2147220735
Description: Incorrect target operating system
Script Error: -1

Why can't I install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2003? :confused:

Update: I installed the .NET Framework 3.5 on the Windows Server 2003 machine from the MSDN disk and it work. I need it to be installed from my installer instead of having the user install it first. Any ideas?
0 Kudos