cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IlkkaV
Level 7

Virtual directory problem with IIS 7

Hi

I'm having a problem with virtual directories in IIS 7 on some target systems (the installation rolls back). The log file has the following (actual directory names replaced by foo and bar):

InstallShield 15:58:02: Setting properties...
InstallShield 15:58:02: SetVRootProperties for virtual directory 'foo\bar', app 'foo'
InstallShield 15:58:02: Child virtual directory.
InstallShield 15:58:02: SetCommitPath for website 'Default Web Site' and app '//foo\bar'
InstallShield 15:58:02: Changing CommitPath from 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST' to the following: MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site//foo/bar
InstallShield 15:58:02: put_CommitPath for path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site//foo/bar' failed with the following HRESULT:
InstallShield 15:58:02: Error with IISRT: -2147024809

In addition, while another installation failed at the same point, the error is a bit different:

InstallShield 11:21:23: CommitChanges failed with the following HRESULT: '-2147024864'. Physical path not found.
InstallShield 11:21:34: Error with IISRT: -2147024864

Is the nested virtual directory structure a problem here or is there something else? For after all, on some Vista/2008 environments it works flawlessly while in some it fails. I first suspected there's something wrong with the string tables as the error first popped up in localized versions, but this is how it's been recreated so far:

English Vista + Swedish installer (English installer on the same system works just fine, but the Swedish installer has no problems whatsoever running on a Danish Vista)
Swedish Vista + Swedish installer
Swedish Vista + English installer
English 2008 server + English installer

Is reverting to compatibility mode the only option (that carries the burden of customers having to install the compatibility layer to IIS) or is there a workaround or probably a hotfix available for this?

The package with which the error was duplicated was built on IS 2009 SAB SP2. Haven't tried with a package built on the IDE version yet, though.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
IlkkaV
Level 7

IlkkaV wrote:

The package with which the error was duplicated was built on IS 2009 SAB SP2. Haven't tried with a package built on the IDE version yet, though.

Now I did try it, and the IDE version does not produce the error. I checked that IISHelper.dll on both the development machine and the IDE machine is of version 15.0.0.591 so it shouldn't be a version mismatch. What other differences could there be?
0 Kudos