Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romain06
Level 3

Install 32bits app on 64bits server duplicate application pool

Hello,
I have a problem with installshield 2011 and also 2012 with sp1
On a win2008 R2, I have some application already installed with application pool on .Net v2 in 32bit mode.

I made a simple project with IS2012SP1 to create a new IIS application with an application pool on .Net v4 in 32 mode (Enable 32bits app = Yes in Pool, and ASP.NET plateform = 32bits in web application)

After the install, all the pool are duplicated with a new name and configuration.
"Pool1" is duplicated to "ASP.NET v4.0 Pool1" and all the web application that used "Pool1" now use new created pool.
After the install, the web application doesn't work anymore, I have to set manually the application to use "Pool1"

I think this is a real bug of Installshield because my IS project does only this test

I don't want to use a script, so is there a new patch to correct this ?

Thanks

Romain
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
skolte
Level 7

I have written installers using InstallShield that create the web application pool for 32 bit as you explained, and they work nicely, no duplication. I think if you can create a sample that shows this behavior and post it, may be InstallShield tech support might be able to confirm if it's your configuration that's causing this or it's a bug in InstallShield.
0 Kudos
Romain06
Level 3

thank you for your test

but do you already have application working on .net v2 32bit with identity Network service before on your IIS 7.5 ?

I am sure of my test, I have a VM and I can reproduce it each time

The problem has also been reproduced on others computers

With the log I have found the command that create the duplicated pool
It is
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/Root/

How can I find a solution ?
I can post my IIS config and log

Thank you for you help

Romain
0 Kudos
Romain06
Level 3

I understand the problem

IS use the command
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/Root/
and it force all applications to use .net 4

it should use the command
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/Root/SPECIFICAPPLICATION

you can try this command on a .NET 2 application and the pool is duplicated

should i open an ticket ?
0 Kudos
rrinblue22
Level 9

check this link......
0 Kudos
CodisISUser
Level 3

Romain06 wrote:
I understand the problem

IS use the command
and it force all applications to use .net 4

it should use the command
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/Root/SPECIFICAPPLICATION

you can try this command on a .NET 2 application and the pool is duplicated

should i open an ticket ?

Can you tell me have you found the solution? Please I am having the same issue
0 Kudos