cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumanpal
Level 4

In Vista AskYesNo is getting populated behind the progressbar window.

I am using Basic Msi project.
During uninstallation I am populating one AskYesNo window through install script.Now depending on user choice some certain action will be taken.
I am uninstalling from Add/Remove option .
Now in vista AskYesNo window is going behind the Progressbar window.But in XP its coming in the front properly.
Is there anything exra care I have to take for vista ?
Please can anybody give any suggestion?
Thanks in Advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
sumanpal
Level 4

Is there any winapi function for this problem in vista?
Can anybody help me please....
0 Kudos
thepeter
Level 7

the AskYesNo function displays a modal dialog box (should retain focus until closed). I presume you are using an Installscript CA - can you post more details? (Return Processing / In-Script Execution / Sequence)?
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

Thanks for the reply.

And sorry for replying late.I was busy with some other issues.
You are absolutely right. I am using the script for custom action.And Here is the detail information.
Return Processing-Synchronus(Check exit code)
In-Script Execution-Immediate Execution
Execution Scheduling-Always Execute

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

What could be the problem. I am not facing the issue in XP but the problem is in vista.
Please suggest me how to solve the problem.
Thanks...
0 Kudos
gkriggs
Level 6

I ran into a similar problem with C# managed custom action. My work around was to display a system modal message box.
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

What was the solution? Can I get the handler of Add/remove program unistallation window?
If any one knows the solution, please help me out.
Thanks
suman.
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

I was trying with
SetWindowPos(ncontinue=AskYesNo(szMsg,YES),HWND_TOPMOST,0,0,0,0,SWP_SHOWWINDOW);
But installscript does not support HWND_TOPMOST because its giving compilation error. What can I do now???
Is there any other function that I can use in installscript for this issue?
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

Does vista suuport the AskYesNo question properly?
If anybody has come across with this problem please let me know what is the solution.
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

Actually I have two Question Box(AskYesNo) . The first one always goes behind and once I clicke, it will come in foreground and after that uninstallation is going on.In middle of uninstallation once again one more question box use to come and it comes properly in foreground but if the first one does not get appear(depending on some condition) the second question box again goes behind.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This behavior should be resolved in InstallShield 2009. In IS 2008 and older versions, the parent dialog could not be found when attempting to display the AskYesNo message box. Because no parent was found, the Desktop window became the parent for the AskYesNo message box. This results in the AskYesNo box being displayed behind an MSI dialog on Windows Vista.

Note this issue only occurs when the Windows Installer basic UI dialog is displayed (i.e., the installation was launched with /x or /qb passed to msiexec.exe). A full UI does not typically reproduce this behavior since the script engine is able to find the parent MSI dialog.
0 Kudos
sumanpal
Level 4

Thanks for the information.
So right now is there any hotfix available regarding this for IS2008 ?
0 Kudos