cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

ISAutomation - Updating Property in Merge Module Project

We have a property in one of our Merge Module projects that we need to have updated during build time so that the version number is correctly placed into this property.

No matter what we try we can not seem to get this property updated. We are using a Perl script to run the ISAutomation, but can not seem to get it to work. We can use the same script to update the ProductVersion, but not our property.

Can any one tell me how I can update this one property without having the perform a find and replace on the project file itself?

Thanks for any help that can be supplied.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
loralynne
Level 6

Using -l PROPERTYNAME="PropertyValue" doesn't work?

(That's a lower-case "L", not an upper-case "I".)

-lora
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

I do not mean during the push of the install project, I mean during the actual building of the merge module.

We build the merge module and want to build in the version number of that component so that it can be registered seperatly from the main parent install project that this merge module will associated with.

So I just need to know if ISAutomation can update a user defined property and if so then what are the commands to do that?
0 Kudos
loralynne
Level 6

Actually, I was wrong, it's -z to set a property during the build (-l is to set a path variable). I use -z to set properties during my build (running IsCmdBld.exe), and it works fine. However, I use it to build an .msi, but it looks like you should be able to use it for merge modules as well:

http://kb.acresso.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield15helplib/ISCmdBldParam.htm
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Oh I thought you were mentioning a msi push command.

I'll look into this and see if this will help.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The Automation interface also has an AddProperty method that might be of use.
0 Kudos