cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGarrett
Level 6

IS2013 ISDev crash on startup (Solution)

In case anyone is experiencing the same issue as me, I want to post this info here.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1. This morning, I installed Windows Updates and then rebooted my computer. After the updates were installed, both InstallShield 2012 Spring AND InstallShield 2013 crash on startup. ISDev simply will not launch. I suspected it was due to the Windows updates, since nothing else had changed on my PC.

After some research, I found that the problem is caused by KB2962872. After uninstalling this update and rebooting, InstallShield again works.

Here is an InstallShield2012 thread with more detail:
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?217555-ISDEV-Crashing
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Everyone, we are actively looking into the incompatibility with many versions of InstallShield and Microsoft's recent security update to IE (KB 2962872). Further information and updates will be available on the InstallShield 2014 Sticky.
0 Kudos
SGSlavendea
Level 4

For reference - same issue experienced with InstallShield 2013 on Server 2012 R2.

As for other versions on other OSs - uninstalled Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2962872).

Thanks - great community response.
0 Kudos
raalmond
Level 2

One more for the statistics.

I experience the crashing problem when running IS Express 2013 on W7 SP1. The problem goes away when the KB2962872 update is uninstalled.
0 Kudos