cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phanik
Level 6

IS2010 and IS2015 command line build installation on same host

hi Flexera team,

currently we have IS2010 "command line build" installed on our packaging host, we are planning to install IS2015 command line build on same host , can I have both on same host?? can you please let me know.

regards
Phanik
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Yes.

If you are referring specifically to the Standalone Build, I think there's even more flexibility as to what can be installed side-by-side than with IDEs. Unless you intend to use the automation interface, you can typically manage to install multiple of the same major version on the same machine. But that's not relevant to your question.
0 Kudos
phanik
Level 6

hi Michael,
sorry for the typo, I mean, can I install "IS2010-standalonebuild-premier-setup" and "IS2015-standalonebuild-premier-setup" on same host for packaging automation?.
thanks
Phanik
0 Kudos
pingli_pli
Level 2

Hello,
Could someone please tell me if IS 2009 and IS 2015 can be installed and run side by side on a host for both IDEs and Stand-alone build engines?

We have to know this before making decision to buy 2015 or not.

Thank you!
Ping
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I cannot attest directly to IS2009 and IS2015, but traditionally these allow for side-by-side installation. For instance I have IS2013 SP1 and IS2015 Standalone build installed on our build machines, the IDE installed on my development machine.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Hi Dan,
I am about to do what you are doing... We are currently using IS 2013 and I want to use some of the features of IS 2015 for a Suite Project. So on our build agents we will have IS 2013 SAB and 2015 SAB. On the Dev machine we will have IS 2013 Premier IDE and 2015 SP1 IDE. Looks like there should be no problem with that. Did you run into any issues?
Thanks Dan
BTW, I have a couple more Suite questions over on the IS 2013 forum. Would appreciate if you have any insight on those 🙂
Ron
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I haven't had any problems.
For my suite project I had to go through a couple of steps so that I could edit InstallScript custom actions from the suite project file. I didn't have to change any code.
Project upgrades went smoothly for a basic MSI and Suite project.

For me I keep the prerequisites and customized PRQ files in SVN and made sure that when I added the Prerequisites that the file source path is pointing to the correct directory. This allows for easier upgrades.
0 Kudos