cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clarence
Level 3

IS12 End-User dialogs don't work in IS2008

I recently inherited maintenance of our InstallShield packaging and was issued InstallShield2008. I have to maintain a project that was written in InstallShield12. For some reason the Welcome, Welcome Maintenance, and Choose Destination Location end-user dialogs act differently in IS2008 than IS12. In IS12 all dialogs (the problem ones and the non-problem ones) are all blue skinned. In IS2008 the problem ones are standard (beige) skinned, while the others are blue skinned. The previous maintainer (no longer available) thought it might have something to do with the size of the BMP file or RC script. I only started working with InstallShield about a week ago, so I don't know too much about it. Please help, I'm looking at a project deadline here.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It sounds like you're getting a dialog theme applied that you might not want. Is your project type Basic MSI (it says in the title bar)? You can remove this by selecting the "Classic" theme in the dialog's view. Alternately if you want to use it, it may just not have been applied to the custom dialogs; after switching to Classic, you can try switching the theme back, or first verifying that the dialogs are the same size to be sure the dialog changes will apply.
0 Kudos
Clarence
Level 3

I forgot to mention it is InstallScript MSI Project.
How do I measure the dialog sizes? Do you mean the height-width, etc of the dialogs in the RC file?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Oh, if it's InstallScript MSI and you are using skins, then the themes talk above won't help. Instead it is probably only the dialog size (as you guessed, just a matter of width and height values). You should be able to view the sizes of a "working" dialog in the property box in the dialog editor, and make sure they are the same on non-working one. I would not have expected this to be changed by a migration, though.
0 Kudos
Clarence
Level 3

OK, that did it. The SdWelcome and SdWelcomeMaint dialogs needed to be reset to default. CUSTASKDESTPATH needed to be resized by hand.

Looks like we're good to go on building release disks, as soon as I update the readme file.
Thanks,
Clarence
0 Kudos