cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googoohead
Level 4

IS 2008 Finally Released!

I just got an email with the download instructions for InstallShield 2008.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
LanceRas
Level 7

yep... its finally out the door.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

You know, we need to start having launch parties. 🙂
0 Kudos
ricko2001
Level 3

Does anyone know if 2008 will fix the problem with doing command line builds of projects that employ digital signatures?
The problem with ver 12 was that it would pop up the codesign.exe (or is it signcode.exe?) password dialog and kill the build.

I didnt see it in the feature list, but it does look like 2008 is starting to use signtool.exe becasue of its support of .pfx certificates.

Thanks,
Richard
0 Kudos
Googoohead
Level 4

I like the Launch Party idea!!!
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

ricko2001, yes that is part of the enhanced signature support, but only applies if you are using .pfx certificate files. Our build still uses signcode (with identical password dialog problems) if you use .spc+.pvk files.
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

There is an option in TweakUI to resolve that.

1) Install TweakUI.
2) Select 'General' > 'Focus.' In the right-hand panel, UNCHECK the box labeled "Prevent applications from stealing focus".

Lance Rasmussen

ricko2001 wrote:
Does anyone know if 2008 will fix the problem with doing command line builds of projects that employ digital signatures?
The problem with ver 12 was that it would pop up the codesign.exe (or is it signcode.exe?) password dialog and kill the build.

I didnt see it in the feature list, but it does look like 2008 is starting to use signtool.exe becasue of its support of .pfx certificates.

Thanks,
Richard
0 Kudos
rchand445
Level 5

"Does anyone know if 2008 will fix the problem with doing command line builds of projects that employ digital signatures?

I didnt see it in the feature list, but it does look like 2008 is starting to use signtool.exe becasue of its support of .pfx certificates."

I just tested this using a pfx file - and yes it does.
0 Kudos
fardeen
Level 2

Hi I have down loaded the latest version of Install Shield 2009, obviously this is my first experience with install shield and at just in learning stage of how to use this tool... there fore can u guys help me out as to how to capture the installation and get the msi......is it like i have to install the application and then add the files and registries manually( Which is very tedious and in practical)... please find some time and guide how to capture the exe and get the MSI as the end result....

Thanks!!!!

fardeen
msds authoring software
0 Kudos