Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmadhavan
Level 3

IS 2008 Download

Hi,

I saw the maintenance plan note concerning InstallShield
2008 Professional and downloladed it. Thanks for the hint!

The download is a single 163 MB file called "installshield2008pro.exe".

Now before we run into the same problems we had with InstallShield 11.5 and 12, I'd like to ask in advance:

Is this download file the complete version that includes all required prerequisites and does NOT require an internet connection during install?

(I had massive problems istalling the download versions of IS 11.5 and
12 on a stand-alone PC with no network connection). Reply me ASAP
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The IS2008 install should not require an internet connection to install as long as you have Windows Installer 3.1 already installed on your machine. We removed the .NET Framework and J# prerequisites that were required in 11.5 and 12 from this version.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
MartinMarkevics
Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

I just wanted to point out that you will be required to activate the product. This can be done via online or offline activation. Since your machine is not connected to the internet, you will have to use the offline mechanism. Once you install and launch the IDE, there will be an option to activate the product. In short, you will save the request XML text to a file, send it to us (from another machine) and we will provide a response XML, which you can use to activate your product.

Once you get the produce installed, let us know if you have any questions about this, but the wizard will guide you through the process. Just wanted to point that out...
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

I believe that only select redistributables and prerequisites are included in the download package. To get them all you need an internet connection. So while you should be able to install IS 2008 without internet connection, you may need to download additional files depending on your project requirements.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos