cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

ICE45 warnings to clean up

I wanted to create a new install from scratch to start off with a clean validation list and right from the the get go I get 2 ICE45 warnings about ReadyToInstall.InstallNow and ReadyToRemove.RemoveNow controls that has bits set in the 'Attributes' column that are reserved.

Why does basic generated MSI project start out this way?
Looking at all my installs these two entries are always there. This seems to me to be an IS issue that they should resolve before releasing updated products. A clean install should at least start with no error or warnings in ICE...

Anyways the Attributes value of these controls are 8388611. So will setting these to 1 cause any issues that I should know about?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Actually setting to 1 will disable the button. So I re-enabled it and it then set the Attributes to 3.

But again my question still applies, why does the control initially start with this reserved value and what would be safe to set it too?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm fairly sure (but haven't checked), that the extra bit set is the ElevationShield attribute. The version of the CUB file you are using is not aware of this bit, but it is actually defined since MSI 4. You are presumably not using the new CUB because the CUB files that came with MSI 4 did not execute properly except on Windows Vista. So in short I would recommend ignoring this error and leaving the ElevationShield attribute set.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

So your saying that I should reset these back to 8388611 for this MSI 4 support?
0 Kudos