cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caryjmiller
Level 3

I want to install a patch from within a transform mst

I have an application that requires a msp patch at the end. What I want to do is install the application with its Transform, but after it completes the install, triggers a silent MSP patch. Is this possible?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Evan_Border
Level 8

caryjmiller wrote:
I have an application that requires a msp patch at the end. What I want to do is install the application with its Transform, but after it completes the install, triggers a silent MSP patch. Is this possible?

Use a Suite
0 Kudos
caryjmiller
Level 3

Evan Border wrote:
Use a Suite

Ok, and I decided to go with that. My new problem is, in the msi command line, what is the option for running the transform file. I have tried TRANSFORMS=file.mst in the line, but that is evidently incorrect.
0 Kudos
Evan_Border
Level 8

caryjmiller wrote:
Ok, and I decided to go with that. My new problem is, in the msi command line, what is the option for running the transform file. I have tried TRANSFORMS=file.mst in the line, but that is evidently incorrect.

You need to use the full path to the transform and enclose it in double quotes:
h t t p : / / helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/SteSuitePropsToMSI.htm
http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/SteSuitePropsToMSI.htm
0 Kudos