cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

How to solve Error 1904

Hi,
In my Basic MSI project at the time of dll registry i am getting the below error while registering a xml file

"Error 1904.Module C:\Program files\....\Myfile.xml failed to register. HRESULT -2147024703. Contac your support personnel."

joshstechnij wrote:
What table are you using to self register this DLL (MSI SelfReg or InstallShield ISSelfReg)? If you're using the InstallShield table, the DLL will not successfully register (the ISSelfReg support cannot load 64-bit DLLs). In this case, the record for the DLL should be removed from ISSelfReg and added to the SelfReg table.

Another thing to note is if there are missing dependencies required to successfully register the DLL, it will fail to register. The most common cause of this recently is a dependency on Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 runtime DLLs, which are Win32 side-by-side assemblies. Due to how Windows Installer installs assemblies, self registration with either table or regsrv32 (through a custom action) will fail before InstallFinalize (assemblies are not committed until after InstallFinalize, and both self registration tables run self registration before InstallFinalize).

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=186137&page=4&highlight=wrong

as per this thread i tried both 'MSI SelfReg or InstallShield ISSelfReg' but its not working for me, any idea?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

This kind of registration applies only to COM servers (DLLs, OCXs, etc.). In what way do you want to register an XML file?
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi,
I am trying to register through ism only by using 'self register' (check box) in that particular file properties....
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi RobertDickau,

Can you give me your comments on this pls?
0 Kudos
abrasha
Level 4

Hi,

Why are you trying to register XML-file?
What do you suppose to get?
0 Kudos