cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MediMizer
Level 2

How to silently install Crystal Report RunTime version 13 through my InstallShield Installer?

Hi, I have a InstallShield Installer project. We are using InstallShield 12.

I want to install Crystal Report Runtime version 13 along with it as it is needed for my software. 

I've written the code to install it but it popups with a user interface and doesn't install until user proceeds it. I want to install it silently without user interaction. I also tried to make Response file through Command Prompt but failed.

This is the code I'm using:

RegDBSetDefaultRoot(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE);
if RegDBKeyExist ("SOFTWARE\\WOW6432Node\\SAP BusinessObjects\\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\\Crystal Reports") > 0 then
RegDBGetKeyValueEx("SOFTWARE\\WOW6432Node\\SAP BusinessObjects\\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\\Crystal Reports","CRRuntime32Version",nvType,svCRRuntime32Version,nvSize);
MessageBox ("svCRRuntime32Version = " + svCRRuntime32Version, INFORMATION);
if (svCRRuntime32Version != "") then
MessageBox("The CR 13 is already installed on the current system.", INFORMATION);
else
szApplicationPath = svLocalDestDir^"Crystal Reports\\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_18.exe";
LongPathToQuote( szApplicationPath, TRUE );
SdShowMsg ("Installing MediMizer Crystal Report Runtime v13", TRUE);
nResult=LaunchAppAndWait(szApplicationPath,"/S /v/qn",LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);
SdShowMsg ("", FALSE);
endif;
endif;

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MarkusLatz
Level 8

Why do you not use the the provided msi or msm runtime modules from SAP to install the Crystal Reports V13 SP18 runtime environment ?

regards

Markus

0 Kudos

We have tried by using msi file of Crystal Report Runtime 13 but it didn't worked for us.

Then we tried by using the exe file of the same. It worked but it requires user interaction to install but I want silent installation.

0 Kudos