cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnWu
Level 3

How to show the common name from certificate on UAC on Vista

Hi everyone,

I have some digital signed exe files showing up fine on Win7, but not on Vista. On Vista, when I launch any of those exe files, the UAC dialog shows "Unidentified Publisher". (This doesn't happen on Win7. On Win7, the UAC dialog displays the common name from the certificate.) However, when I open the Certificate dialog from the file's Properties dialog, all the infos are correct. For "Issued To" and "Subject", it displays the common name from the certificate, not "Thawte" like last time. Also, it shows 2012 in the expiration date, not 2020 like last time. Therefore, the certificate information for the exe files are correct, but why the UAC dialog still shows "Unidentified Publisher" on Vista? How can I have the UAC dialog on Vista to display the common name from the certificate? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

John
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi John,

Please refer to this article --> http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q112476. It will explain this behavior.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JohnWu
Level 3

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your help. However, I remember that when I bought the certificate from VeriSign before, there was no such problem. This time, the certificate is bought from Thawte and the problem exists. Is it because the certificate created by VeriSign is better? Thank you.

John
0 Kudos