cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boulenger_Danie
Level 3

How to set copyright from installscript project ?

Hi,

After a project's migration from installshield 6.2 to installshield 2009 , i loose copyright's information from setup.exe file and value are set to default
Copyright : Copyright (C) 2008 Acresso Software Inc. and/or InstallShield Co. Inc. All Rights Reserved.

enterprise : Acresso Software Inc.
productname : InstallShield

According installshield documentation, product name have an internal variable IFX_PRODUCTNAME , compagny name : IFX_COMPAGNY_NAME...
As more , copyright from installscript MSI project can be set into release building property and documentation explains that's option isn't available from installscript project...

Although variable are set , setup file haven't got personal information...

This problem not exist in installscript MSI project.

I would like to know if this problem is relative to the migration project?
Should I convert my project with temporary installshield version as 12 for example ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Not applicable

I assume that you are referring to a single EXE setup and that you used PFTW to create the single EXE in IS 6.2.

The customization of the version information in a single EXE is supported in PFTW but not for the built-in single EXE option for InstallScript projects, so currently you will have to update the version information manually in the created single exe.

FYI, 1-C2ORX is the existing Work Order # for readding this functionality.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Accresso Software
0 Kudos
Boulenger_Danie
Level 3

Hi Devin,
I don't understand when you said "you will have to update the version information manually in the created single exe", in fact , there is no way to set information version less uncompil setup.exe, extract info version ressource from binary, modify it and compil again the setup file ?

It's very important for me to find another way!
Regards.
Daniel.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Typically, you would open the EXE as resources in Visual Studio or some other editor and modify the resources directly, then save the updated file.

In an automated build process you could use resource related Windows API's to do the same thing programmatically.

Note that in any case you would need to do this before signing the file as this would invalidate the signature of the file.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
smithlanger
Level 2

sounds good to me
0 Kudos