cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunder
Level 5

How to registering and Integrating a help collection for Visual Studio by Merge Modul

I have a sets of HxX(such as h2reg.ini, HxC, HxS, HxK, Hxt) help files generated by Ndoc. I want using Merge module to registering and Integrating to VS help documentation.

any one who can tell me how to make this MSM in InstallShield?

Thanks a lot,
Thunder.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
thunder
Level 5

I have tried to create a Merge module project in IS, all files can be installed correct in that project, but the help document registering. when I press "F1" in VS I can't see anything except the original vs help.

any Suggestions?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Perhaps KB Q201475 would help. It explains one method of integrating a help system within the Visual Studio help.
0 Kudos
thunder
Level 5

Thanks, I have change my MSM file to complete the help registration.
but when I using IS 2008 StandaloneBuild I always get an error message like below,

Merging modules...
ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'MSHelp2_RegTables_.E596831C_D568_4402_BF79_2D77747F78E7:0' for Feature 'VSHELP'.
File table successfully built

but the same project running on IS 2008 UI mode (another machine) it's running well,

so how to make deal with is part

Thanks,
Thunder
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Have you tried using the -o parameter with the Standalone Build to specify the full path of the folder that contains the merge module?
0 Kudos
thunder
Level 5

standalone build works well with -o parameter

Thanks!
Thunder
0 Kudos