cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcohen4u
Level 3

How to move a licnese to another machine

Jump to solution
We had a build server running Installshield 2015 professional that was down. We had to restore it from backup and now the installshiled software is not active. By trying to activate it I get the message: "The quantity specified exceeds maximum quantity allowed " How can I release the old machine and activate the licenses on the new machine ? Thanks. Royi
0 Kudos
(2) Solutions

Hi @rcohen4u ,

Can you tell me when it is getting crashed, after entering the activation code? if so, you can try offline activation.

Before doing the offline activation, reset the below registry keys to zero if it exists under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\22.0

1- OfflineTransactionPending

2- TransactionPendingKey

After that you can try offline activation by doing the below steps:

1. Open a command prompt and cd to 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2015\System' (This will be Program Files (x86) on a 64 bit machine). 

2- Execute  "tsconfig.exe  /no_internet  /activate" and enter your activation code.

3.  An offline activation request will be generated.
4. Save the offline activation license.request file.
5. Click the Next button.
6. The next dialog should indicate that an offline transaction is pending.
7. Go to the following website to process your offline activation request: https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation
8. Click the Choose File button and browse to the license.request file that you recently saved.
9. Click the Process button.
10. Save the response.xml file.
11. Launch the application, once again. The Offline Activation dialog should be displayed.
12. Click the Load button and browse to the response.xml file you recently saved.
13. Click the Activate button.
14. Click the Finish button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
reset the registry key did the job 🙂 thank you.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
thank you for the links, but I don't have the old machine - is crashed and we had to restored it from backup so I cannot run any command on the old one I can do it only on the one that was restored from backup. so what should I do ?
0 Kudos

Hi @rcohen4u ,

See whether you can return the license from the restored machine, if not you can contact flexera support to return the license.

the support team release the license for us but now the procdess is crashing when is started, tryin gto activate it with the following info: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: TSConfig.exe Application Version: 22.0.0.401 Application Timestamp: 5979c9de Fault Module Name: TSConfig.exe Fault Module Version: 22.0.0.401 Fault Module Timestamp: 5979c9de Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000507c OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Any idea ?
0 Kudos

Hi @rcohen4u ,

Can you tell me when it is getting crashed, after entering the activation code? if so, you can try offline activation.

Before doing the offline activation, reset the below registry keys to zero if it exists under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\22.0

1- OfflineTransactionPending

2- TransactionPendingKey

After that you can try offline activation by doing the below steps:

1. Open a command prompt and cd to 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2015\System' (This will be Program Files (x86) on a 64 bit machine). 

2- Execute  "tsconfig.exe  /no_internet  /activate" and enter your activation code.

3.  An offline activation request will be generated.
4. Save the offline activation license.request file.
5. Click the Next button.
6. The next dialog should indicate that an offline transaction is pending.
7. Go to the following website to process your offline activation request: https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation
8. Click the Choose File button and browse to the license.request file that you recently saved.
9. Click the Process button.
10. Save the response.xml file.
11. Launch the application, once again. The Offline Activation dialog should be displayed.
12. Click the Load button and browse to the response.xml file you recently saved.
13. Click the Activate button.
14. Click the Finish button.

0 Kudos
reset the registry key did the job 🙂 thank you.