cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hongnguyenx
Level 3

How to get value on custom DialogBox to modify XML file!?

Hi all, I'm a new mem of Installshield, and now I'm using InstallShield Pro 2009.
I use it to create an Web install project. In this project, I create a custom DialogBox to get config value for WebApp (Ex: appname, Database type, username, pass......) from end user, but I don't known how to get values to modify webconfig of webapp.

Please help me to handle my problem.
Thanks so much for any help!!!!

hongnguyenx.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

It sounds like maybe you'd want to try the procedure in the following help topic (but with one small change):
Using Windows Installer Properties to Dynamically Modify XML Files

You would basically replace step 1 in that help topic with step 6 of the following help topic:
Using Windows Installer Properties to Dynamically Modify IIS Settings

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
hongnguyenx
Level 3

Thnks so much for your help.
But now, I want to create IIS virtual directory with AppName value get from custom dialogbox. How to do this, You can help me !!!?
Once again, thnks so much !!!

hongnguyenx
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

In the Internet Information Services view, you should be able to enter something like [MYPROPERTY] for the Application Name setting of your virtual directory. Then, in the Dialogs view, create the custom dialog and follow step 6 in the instructions (Using Windows Installer Properties to Dynamically Modify IIS Settings).
0 Kudos
hongnguyenx
Level 3

It true with set Application Name in Application settings or User Name in Directory Security tab, but I want do this with Virtual directory name, it mean I want to create IIS Virtual directory have name same as value of App Name.
Install Shield can do that !?
Thnks so much !!!

hongnguyenx
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Did you try to use the same property in the IIS view for the virtual directory name and the application name? That is, did you try using something like [MYPROPERTY] in both those name settings?
0 Kudos
hongnguyenx
Level 3

I try to use it, but it not work !!! You can give a example project for my problem.
Thanks so much,
hongnguyenx
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Can you provide more details on what happens/why it doesn't work?

Can you post screen shots that show what you have entered in the IIS view and the Dialogs view? Maybe that would help pinpoint the problem.
0 Kudos
hongnguyenx
Level 3

There is some screen shot of my proj:
property
0 Kudos
reachyouvenkat7
Level 4

Yes!
Installshield can do that.
0 Kudos
hongnguyenx
Level 3

reachyouvenkat7 wrote:
Yes!
Installshield can do that.

How to do that !!!
I fill property same with image that I attach, but it not work 😞 What wrong ???
0 Kudos
hongnguyenx
Level 3

Hi DebbieL,
Can you help me for my problem, I posted screen shot, You can see !!!
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry, nothing jumps out at me. Have you tried creating a verbose log of the installation? That might help identify the issue.

(To log it, try using Setup.exe /v"/l*v c:\test.log" at the command line.)
0 Kudos