cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

How to get standalone build to stop on first error

I am looking for the setting that allows the standalone build to stop on first error.
For instance our current build is broken in that it is missing a required file. The standalone build reports the missing file as an error but still continues to build and returns 0 (zero) as the return code from setup. I want the build to stop immediately on the first error.

I looked at the IDE and it has an option inside the tools > option to "Stop build process when first error is encountered". I checked the registry to see if there is an equivalent value found there but did not find anything obvious under HKLM or HKCU.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

Doh, I forgot to refresh my registry view in my development environment. I found the registry key. 😛

For others that may come across my entry, try the following:
[CODE][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\20.0\Professional\Project Settings]
"StopAtFirstErr"=dword:00000001[/CODE]

Be sure to use the correct version value for the version you are updating, e.g, 20.0 for IS2013, 21.0 for IS2014, etc.

EDIT: Note that I have not tested this yet, but I suspect that this will allow for the correct behavior. For the IDE, the settings are made in HKCU, but for the standalone build I cannot find an InstallShield key at all, so I just transposed them to HKLM similar to what we do to set the merge module path and prerequisite path in the registry for the standalone build.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You could also consider passing the -x parameter to iscmdbld.exe; that's the documented method. 🙂
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

MichaelU wrote:
You could also consider passing the -x parameter to iscmdbld.exe; that's the documented method. 🙂

Ha! I had read through the parameters and completely missed that too.
0 Kudos