cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lars123
Level 4

How to get rid of the 'Flexera Software Customer Community' tab?

I am in the process of migrating from VS2010 to VS2013. I am dependent on a myriad of different Visual Studio setup projects (*.vdproj) that as we all know went down the drain with VS2012. So I have been putting it off for a while - I actually skipped VS2012 because of this.

But now I have bitten the bullet, spent time to understand Installshield LE enough to manually port my setup projects (the new import from vdproj feature in Installshield LE 2013 hadly imports anything), and all is actually progressing quite well and I am able to get by with Install Shield LE.

I do however get very frustrated with the 'Flexera Software Customer Community' page that - following a logic that so far have escaped me - pops up in the document area of VS2013 to offer me links to various explanations on the Flexera site. I *really* don't want this and furthermore this page has a persistent JavaScript error that is intensely annoying.

Does anyone know how stop this 'Flexera Customer Community' tab appearing?
0 Kudos
(23) Replies
steven_wadswort
Level 3

I'm having this issue also and I can't believe there is STILL no fix for this ? Come on this is extremely irritating behaviour and must be able to be turned off, surely.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Can you provide OS version, VS version, and IE version you are running? Does it occur on more than one machine or for a specific error?
Perhaps we can find a common trend.
I have also tried importing the vssetting from an earlier post, but no production on the issue.
0 Kudos
steven_wadswort
Level 3

Windows 7 SP1, IE11, VS2013 Update 5.
On both machines here that have now setup Installshield 2015 LE, it always switches to the community tab when it gets an error which is really irritating and should be able to be switched off. On my machine yesterday it also got to the stage where it was switching continually when no build was taking place, only editing. I eventually had to close Visual Studio. Can we just stop this behaviour altogether so it never switches to the community tab ?
0 Kudos