cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbrJhn
Level 3

How to enable timestamp in InstallShield build logs

Hello All, 

I have a basic msi project that takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to complete the build. While reviewing the build log, It is difficult to analyze the most time consuming process due to the absence of timestamps for each operation/line. I have used the verbose option with IsCmdBld.exe but the timestamps are not included in the logs.

I would appreciate your help on how to generate build logs with timestamps to effectively identify processes that are time-intensive. Additionally, is there any option to determine the duration of each activity during the build process?

Project details 

- Type: Basic MSI ; Media: DVD 5  with LZX compression; 98% of files are dynamically linked.

- Size: ~2.3GB ; Total files : ~7500 files / 750 folders. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
AbrJhn
Level 3

Hello @varul , @shunt , @Revenera_Ian  - Let me know if the above query is more of a missing feature, so that a case can be logged with IS support. Thank you !.  

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hello @AbrJhn - Thank you for your post. I am fairly certain that there is an existing Enhancement request for this issue, requesting timestamps to be generated in the verbose build log. Yes, if you log a case with InstallShield support then the case can be attached to the existing Enhancement request then handled from there.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos