cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zzzz3210
Level 3

How to customize a failed prerequisite MessageBox

Hi
I have a query to w.r.t the prerequisite message box info that we get when the prerequisite fails to get installed.
Is there anyway to remove the "Yes" "No" buttons from the messagebox and replace them with "Ok" button.(the reason is that we do not need an "Yes" "No" button when an information is passed in the Messagebox that the Prerequisite installation has got failed. )

Pls correct me if I am wrong anywhere .

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

See the options in th prerequisite editor behavior tab, under "If, after installing the prerequisite, the conditions still indicate it is required". While this won't let you change the Yes/No to an OK, it will let you abort the setup or ignore the failure (showing no message) instead.
0 Kudos
zzzz3210
Level 3

Hi Michael
Thank you very much for the clarification.
But my requirement is different.When we do an prerequisite installation , assume that it fails,(say for e.g the prerequisite installation failed due to non availability of the prerequiste in the package(as in case of "FOLLOW INDIVIDUAL SELECTION" where I leave the Prerequisite folder and give only the setup.msi/exe as Installer)).That time since the Installer does not find the prerequisite,it fails the prerequisite installation which eventually throws a messagebox
"The files for Installation requirement Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 could not be found .The Installation will stop.This is probably due to a failed , or cancelled download."
This message is accompanied with two buttons("YES" and "NO")
Both buttons do the same function.SO I need to remove a button and give the name to a button as"OK"

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos