Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
installshielder
Level 3

How to add redistributables

Jump to solution

Hello,

In install shield 2020 R3, there are list of redistributables specifically c++ redist 2015-2019

what if i want c++ redist 2015-2022, how do i download it? I checked the Tools -> Redistributable downloader and

it is not in the list.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @installshielder

You can download the attached latest prq files and add it to below path, and close installshield 

NOTE: Please backup the existing 2022 prq files, the existing 2015-2022 prq files named as "Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable Package (x64).prq"

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2023\SetupPrerequisites

Relaunch Installshield  and then try to go to redistributables view and you can find the new 2022 redistributables, 

Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @installshielder,

Thank you for your post.

You need to right-click the c++ redist 2015-2022 redist, in the Redistributables View, then select Download Selected Item... Please give these steps a try. Do they work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

@Revenera_Ian 

Thanks for the response, however my issue is I could not even find the said redist.

I mean, I could not find the 2015-2022 redist from the list.

0 Kudos

Hi @installshielder

You can download the attached latest prq files and add it to below path, and close installshield 

NOTE: Please backup the existing 2022 prq files, the existing 2015-2022 prq files named as "Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable Package (x64).prq"

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2023\SetupPrerequisites

Relaunch Installshield  and then try to go to redistributables view and you can find the new 2022 redistributables, 

Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO".

0 Kudos