cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YouOne
Level 2

How many installations?

Can Install Shield provide the following:-

1. Provide back the details of the users that have installed my software, i.e. their email address, CO Name, Address etc; 

2. Provide me with a realtime, or frequently do so, the number of my applications running out there?

3. Provide a trial period on my software;

4. Provide a payment portal i.e. PayPal for users to register/unlock the software etc

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @YouOne ,

Answering to your questions:

1. Provide back the details of the users that have installed my software, i.e. their email address, CO Name, Address etc; 

• Answer:It looks like you are expecting instrumentation data which isn't possible with installshield but you can give a try with FlexNet Connect product.You can get more details here:

https://www.flexerasoftware.com/monetize/products/flexnet-connect.html

2. Provide me with a realtime, or frequently do so, the number of my applications running out there?

• Answer:This type of tracking Installshield doesn't do today.

3. Provide a trial period on my software;

• Answer:This comes under licensing part of any part not with packaging side

4. Provide a payment portal i.e. PayPal for users to register/unlock the software etc

• This one you can design using custom dialog which you can explore similar type of dialogs under USER INTERFACE->Dialogs(CustomerInformation) and write your own installscript code to deal with payment mechanism

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos