cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puresoul
Level 4

How and Where to set IS_MINOR_UPGRADE = 1

Hi,

Does anyone knows how and where to set IS_MINOR_UPGRADE=1.
Do we have to set this when we are creating minor upgrade (e.g. from product version 10.0 to 10.1)

I am new to installshield, and got stuck at one place where we are upgrading our product from 10.0.0.10 to 10.1.0.1 and we have to call one function during this upgrade, I am checking IS_MINOR_UPGRADE but it is not working.
Where from 9.0.0.10 to 10.0.0.1 IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is working fine.

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks a ton.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
amar1943
Level 3

You need not set this anywhere.If you're using setup.exe, this bootstrapper sets this IS_MINOR_UPGRADE. Your product code might be different between the above mentioned 2 versions. They need to be same for it to perform a minor upgrade (and to have IS_MINOR_UPGRADE to be 1). Try dumping the upgrade to a log file, it might have some information that might help.
0 Kudos
puresoul
Level 4

Hi,

It is working now, I hav made silly mistake.
Actually I have not updated the upgrade code, now I have updated it and it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for help 🙂 🙂 🙂

Regards
0 Kudos
amar1943
Level 3

PureSoul,

UpgradeCode is a way to link products with diff ProductCodes to qualify for a major upgrade. This does not influence minor upgrades (in turn IS_MINOR_UPGRADE).What might help you is: same product_code, diff package_code, diff product_version should make it work out of the box..
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

You should NOT change the Upgrade code if you are just installing a different version.

Upgrade code identifies a product for its entire life and you should never change it. In my case, each of the products I work on has had the same Upgrade Code for years.

What amar1943 is suggesting is the right way to go.

Also remember that Windows Installer will only consider the first three fields for the version number (you are using 4), check more info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370859%28VS.85%29.aspx

Hope it helps.
-Juan Carlos
0 Kudos