Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda1967
Level 2

DirectX 9c Object 'Needs to be downloaded'

IS 2010 SP1
My Development OS: Vista SP1 64

I have downloaded and installed the latest installshieldmsiobjects.exe but Prerequisites\DirectX9 still says 'Needs to be downloaded'

Prior to installation of installshieldmsiobjects.exe, DirectX9 files are located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2010\Objects\DirectX9\Redist

After installation of installshieldmsiobjects.exe, new DirectX9 folders are created here: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2010\Objects\DirectX9\Redist\DirectX9c\

IS still cannot locate the DirectX files.

I can't seem to track this down myself because there are no properties or path options I can find to tell IS to look in a specific location for the updated DirectX files.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2010\Objects\DirectX9\Redist\DirectX9c\ folder is the correct location for these files. How many files were installed into this folder on your machine? You should have 50+ files. If you are not seeing that many files, please try downloading the object through the Redistributables view. That should download all 50+ files for you.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos