cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhonattan
Level 3

How I can register a dll when the instalation have been completed?

In first, excuse me for my English, I no usually write in English, but i'll do all for explain me well.

I have to do a product's installer which , when it finished, it automatically must register a dll in windows's REGISTER.
I don't know how to do it.
Somebody can help me?

Thanks at all
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Jhonattan
Level 3

I have a InstallShield 2013 Premier Edition 🙂
0 Kudos
Yibing
Level 3

You don't have to register a dll by yourself. In the "files and folder" section, right click on your dll file and then choose "Properties". In the pop out dialogue you will find different ways to register your dll.
0 Kudos
Jhonattan
Level 3

Yibing wrote:
You don't have to register a dll by yourself. In the "files and folder" section, right click on your dll file and then choose "Properties". In the pop out dialogue you will find different ways to register your dll.

Thank you for your answer!
I understand you and I have done it but now I have to throw a cmd sentence (command) but i don't know how to do it? Can you help me?? Ahh, and It have to throw the command as Administrator..

Thank you!
0 Kudos
shivendra
Level 3

Jhonattan wrote:
I understand you and I have done it but now I have to throw a cmd sentence (command) but i don't know how to do it? Can you help me?? Ahh, and It have to throw the command as Administrator..

Thank you!

Hi,

You can register through batch file and run batch file into installscript code or you can use command line option using LaunchAppAndWait().

Thanks
Shivendra
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Jhonattan wrote:

Thank you!

Do you have a list of files to register (in a text file)?
I have a bat file that I use for this purpose. Can be called from install with CA or run standalone at any time after install.
Is that what you need?
0 Kudos