cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpotter
Level 3

Help! No VS2012 Solutions with Installshield project will build!

I've been using VS2012 and Installshield 2012 Spring Express Edition successfully for a few months, but today something happened, and I have no idea what caused this.

Any solution I open that includes an Installshield project cannot build. When I hit F6, I immediately get a messagebox with the following message:
Not implemented (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004001 (E_NOTIMPL))

If I unload the Installshield project from the solution, everything works as expected. As soon as I reload it, the problem returns.

Any advice or fixes?
Thanks,
David
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
dpotter
Level 3

dpotter wrote:
Any solution I open that includes an Installshield project cannot build. When I hit F6, I immediately get a messagebox with the following message:
Not implemented (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004001 (E_NOTIMPL))

If I unload the Installshield project from the solution, everything works as expected. As soon as I reload it, the problem returns.

Solved my own problem, and recording my solution here for posterity:

First off, a workaround: Although this problem prevented me from building, rebuilding or debugging my solution, I could perform any of those functions at the project-level, by right-clicking the project within the solution explorer.

I resolved the problem by uninstalling the Microsoft Windows Driver Development Kit, then restarting Visual Studio. All functions immediately began working as expected.

David
0 Kudos