cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmitRout
Level 5

Interview Questions

Please give ur inputs for the below qs...

• How can you generate a log file for uninstallation?
• How can you tell why MSI is starting self-repair?
• When would you use an immediate-mode custom action? Deferred?
• How do you get the effects of a custom action to be removed when the program is removed? How about rollback?
• How can you tell if an installation is running in silent mode? Is uninstalling? Is an administrative installation?
• What are some ways you can change ProductVersion in a project file?
• Why use COM extraction instead of self-registration?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think there are some notes in the thread where the questions were originally posted: [thread]162371[/thread].
0 Kudos
AmitRout
Level 5

Yes, I am not able to answer all the given question

Anybody has inputs on the same...
0 Kudos
mumbles
Level 7

Amit you are asking questions as though they are one sentence answers, each one of these items is something that could fill paragraphs. As Robert mentions. Look in the knowledgebase as Robert has written articles for a lot of these items already.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Quite right, many of these were used as posts in the InstallTalk blog: http://blogs.flexerasoftware.com/InstallTalk/. Some have articles in the InstallShield section of the Tips & Tricks archive, too: http://www.flexerasoftware.com/resources/tips-tricks.htm.

For example:

0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

AmitRout wrote:
Yes, I am not able to answer all the given question

Anybody has inputs on the same...

Then maybe you aren't qualified for the position.

They are good questions though. Sadly most places I interview don't have the expertise to even ask these questions. I've been known to just look at the interviewer and say "you're just going to have to trust me when I tell you I'm one of the best in the world" and then answer questions in subjects that they do know such as Windows Server or .NET development.
0 Kudos