cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wxinlll
Level 4

Help~~New Language Wizard not functioning?

Hi, All! I recently installed InstallShield 2008 and attempted to add new language to the project. Initially I was using v11.5 and successfully added new language like Spanish (Modern Sort) etc.

This time, I tried the same way, but the new language wizard was just stuck there after i select the language from the list, i.e. "Next" is not functioning at all. However, buttons like "back", "cancel" and "help" all work fine.

Anyone has ever hit such problem? Or is it because I miss out some components or pre-steps? Any idea? thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
dichihhu
Level 2

Hi all!

I met exactly the same problem as wxinlll on InstallShield 2008 Premier!
The "Next" button is not functioning in the "New Language Wizard" dialog.

Could anyone kindly help us?
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Is the project that you are having a problem with upgraded from a previous version of InstallShield?

If yes, can you successfully use the wizard in the brand new project?
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
dichihhu
Level 2

It's working when I chose Basic MSI project,
but not functioning when I chose InstallScript project.
However this is not important now because after searching this forum,
I know that the InstallScript project does not support adding new languages.

Is this true?

Can I convert my old InstallScript project to a Basic MSI project?
Then I can add Arabic language, right?

Thank you !
0 Kudos
digantkamdar
Level 3

SherylSikora wrote:
Is the project that you are having a problem with upgraded from a previous version of InstallShield?

If yes, can you successfully use the wizard in the brand new project?

Hi Sheryl,

I want to support Arabic language in my product's installer which is built using an InstallScript proj. in InstallShield 2008 premier. I tried using the 'Add new language wizard' but it seems to be working only for Basic MSI project and not for InstallScript proj. Is this true? Since this is not documented anywhere.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Digant
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Unsupported languages will not work with pure InstallScript projects. If you were to convert to an InstallScript MSI or Basic MSI project, you can then use the Language Wizard to add unsupported languages to your project.

Please see KB article Q106687 for an explanation of using this feature in InstallScript MSI and Basic MSI projects: http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q106687&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_HOWTO_1_1&dialogID=12909798&stateId=0%200%2012907640

KB Article 111347 explains that it is pure InstallScript projects are not supported:
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q111347&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_FAQ&dialogID=12909798&stateId=0%200%2012907640
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
ncalverley
Level 3

Sorry but this is incorrect, the support to add new languages to InstallScript MSI project seems to have been removed :mad:

It now only works for Basic MSI projects.

Surely this is an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP as i see many people posting with this exact issue and you cannot simply remove functionality from a supposed upgrade...
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

For InstallShield 2008 (which is the community you posted this to), this continues to work for InstallScript MSI projects.

It was only in InstallShield 2009 that support was mistakenly removed for InstallScript MSI projects. There is a solution posted in the InstallShield 2009 forum for that issue.

For InstallShield 2008, please see the following KB article on which types of projects are supported and how to add languages:
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/dynamickc.do?cmd=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q106687&sliceId=1
0 Kudos
AndrewRich
Level 5

The KB article says:
InstallShield does not support adding unsupported languages to an InstallScript project type.

It doesn't say it's not possible, it says it's not supported.

So is it possible? If so, how? I've just been advised I need to add support for EN-GB (English - United Kingdom) and ES-CO (Spanish - Colombia) to our pure InstallScript project. Changing the project type is not an option.
0 Kudos