cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fritzlero
Level 3

Help: How to Catch Un-installation state

i've read some article concerning about catching if a component is installed, to be installed, re-installed. etc.. but im not sure if this really solve my problem...

im using installshiled premiere 2009.. all i want is to execute a script that will install my previous release 1 after release 2 has been un-installed on add/remove programs..

i know from the fact that sql scripts can manage this (like a charm) by ticking the option to execute script duing un-installation on the sql script view.. i want to have this kind of approach.

is there any way i can fire out an event that will restore/ or xcopy my previous release or any files of my choice silently after un-installation?

this is my 2nd post regarding this topic.. Thanks in advance guys
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

What type of project are you using? What will be the source for the files from the previous release?
0 Kudos
fritzlero
Level 3

KathyMorey wrote:
What type of project are you using? What will be the source for the files from the previous release?

simple msi project... the source would be simple aspx pages.. or any files i wish to silently installed after i un-installed the latest release.. the component to be silently installed could be inside of the installed latest release if this is possible...

im new to the application.. dont know exactly if this can be done thru firing in-script or just an option available on installshield.. not so sure..

my main objective is to rollback/re-installed files when a certain program has been un-installed automatically.. is this possible?
pls guide me.. thanks...
0 Kudos