cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marsyas
Level 3

InstallScript: General 64-Bit/Registry Settings

Hi Guys,

after searching through the forum and not finding any related threads, I decided to ask if anyone is able to help me with my problems. I am using a pure InstallScript Setup which should install our application on a 64-Bit system. The application itself is a Client-Server application, the server part is native 64-Bit, but the client stuff is still 32-Bit.

Q1) What is the recommended way to do it? Two separate setups for a 32-Bit/64-Bit installation or one all-in-one setup with both functionalities? I am tending to do it all-in-one, but having some registration problems (see below).

Q2) How can I differentiate between 32-Bit and 64-Bit registration for typelibs and other stuff?

For example I try to register our API, it exists in two versions (32/64-Bit) in c:\program files\APP and c:\program files (x86)\APP. Both versions of the DLL are saved in separate components (one is going to , second one goes to ). Each component has its own Registry Set. The 64-Bit component has set the "Platform Suite" property to x64.

To the registry I would need to write the registration to HKCR\typelib for 64-Bit and HKLM\Software\Classes\WOW6432Node\Typelib for 32-Bit. I can do this in the registry sets, but it seems, that always both registry sets are written either to HKLM\Software\Classes\Wow643Node and HKCR\... After that, the last installed component is registered to either 32 and 64-Bit, previously installed registry settings from the first component are overwritten.

Any Ideas?

Thank you for your help

Marsyas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Marsyas
Level 3

I posting again to bring this topic to the top.

Has no one this kind of problems with 64-bit installations?

Regards,

Marsyas
0 Kudos