cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshkottakki
Level 6

Folder/files not getting deleted

Hi ,
I have created Installscript msi project, I am able to install and uninstall the setup successfully, but after successful uninstallation also, few folder or files are not getting deleted .Please help me out in this issue. Thank in advanve
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Evan_Border
Level 8

sureshkottakki wrote:
Hi ,
I have created Installscript msi project, I am able to install and uninstall the setup successfully, but after successful uninstallation also, few folder or files are not getting deleted .Please help me out in this issue. Thank in advanve

Just add removals for those from the Files and Folders view. But be careful not to delete any user data! Windows Installer is careful about not touching files that have a different modify time stamp (because this strongly hints that the file could be something that the user wants to keep). If the creation time stamp and the modify time stamp are identical, then Windows Installer removes the file because it's no different than what it installed to begin with (and therefore there's no chance that it contained important data that the user may want to keep.)
0 Kudos