cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneDayBehind
Level 4

Flexera Software Certificate Expired

I've suddenly been unable to create any MSIs on our build server via InstallShield Spring 2012 SAB. In viewing the log files, this error is reported:

ISDEV : fatal error -7210: Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring SAB\System\ISWIBuild.dll

Upon examining the ISWIBuild.dll file, it appears that the certificate the assembly was signed with has expired as of September of 2014:

So now I'm stuck. Can the Flexera certificate be updated? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to certificates. I tried reinstalling InstallShield to no avail. The server that InstallShield is running on is a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server and has no Internet access.

Following the 3rd solution in the following blog post did not help resolve the problem 😞 :

http://blog.didierstevens.com/2010/10/31/quickpost-adding-certificates-to-the-certificate-store/
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
OneDayBehind
Level 4

I allowed our build server Internet access by setting-up a our company proxy in Internet Explorer. This seems to have allowed the server to update the VeriSign certificate revocation list (CRL) and now the build issue has gone away.
0 Kudos