cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_behrendt
Level 2

Flash.ocx

Hi,

I developed with Win7 - 32 , VS2012, CrystalReports 13.0.10 and InstallShield Limited Edition.

Now I am working with Win10, VS2015 Professional, CrystalReports 13.0.16 and InstallShieldLimited Edition für VS2015. I converted the Project from VS2012Win7 to VS 2015/Win10.
With the Edition VS2015 the InstallShied generates a SETUP that uses the Flash.ocx. In the old Version with VisualStudio 2012 the Flash.ocx was not used.

Now I get during the installation for example on Win7 - 64 an errorMessage: Flash.ocx failed to Register - HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your Support personnel

I don't need this ocx - it is included autmatically - how can I disable this Installation? With the Version VS2012 and InstallShieldLimitedEdition this ocx was not copied to the destimationFolder from the "exe".
With VS2015 it is copied to this Folder but can not be registered. In the VisualStudio Project is no Reference to the Flash.ocx.

Can you help me?
Andreas
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,
If you did not include the file in the project, then it might have been pulled in as a dependency.
Right click on your files in the Files view and select Properties. Click on the Com & .Net Settings. Change the Scan at Build setting to Properties Only.
0 Kudos
a_behrendt
Level 2

kyi wrote:
Hi,
If you did not include the file in the project, then it might have been pulled in as a dependency.
Right click on your files in the Files view and select Properties. Click on the Com & .Net Settings. Change the Scan at Build setting to Properties Only.

Hi Kyi,

super - that is it - problem solved - much thanks!!!!!!!!!

Andreas
0 Kudos